ftp.cc.uoc.gr
Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - Wary/Racy 5.3beta1 (5.2.2.7)
Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   You have no new messagesYou have no new messages   Log out [ BarryK ]Log out [ BarryK ] 

You last visited on Today, at 8:30 am
The time now is Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:32 am
All times are UTC + 8
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Wary/Racy 5.3beta1 (5.2.2.7)
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic Watch this topic for replies
View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 2 of 3 [32 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Author Message
L18L

Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 732
Location: Burghaslach, Germany

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Wary5.2.2.7
Subject description: testing sfsget
  Reply with quote 

BarryK wrote:
...
Note, the desktop 'install' icon has a choice to install SFS files, and I have added 'poedit' -- ...

Sorry, there is just openoffice Cool
sfsget.png
 Description   
 Filesize   5.02 KB
 Viewed   452 Time(s)

sfsget.png

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
L18L

Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 732
Location: Burghaslach, Germany

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Racy5.2.2.7
Subject description: testing retrovol.mo momanager
  Reply with quote 

BarryK wrote:
... MoManager, a brand new one-stop-shop for creating a langpack PET...


Installed latest retrovol-0.12.pet from
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=50744
which has included French (thanks to Argolance Very Happy ) and German mo files.

In momanager there is no chance to edit or include it into langpack. Crying or Very sad

retrovol is a binary executable.

jwm is also a binary executable but it is handled by momanager.

_______________________-

Edited
This not meant as anything in the direction of a bug report
Just my observation.
Maybe it is a good solution to NOT offer everything for translation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
sc0ttman

Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Posts: 1823
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Racy5.2.2.7
Subject description: testing retrovol.mo momanager
  Reply with quote 

L18L wrote:
Installed latest retrovol-0.12.pet...which has included French (thanks to Argolance Very Happy ) and German mo files.

In momanager there is no chance to edit or include it into langpack. Crying or Very sad

retrovol is a binary executable.

jwm is also a binary executable but it is handled by momanager.

_______________________-

Edited
This not meant as anything in the direction of a bug report
Just my observation.
Maybe it is a good solution to NOT offer everything for translation

Maybe because retrovol uses /usr/local/share .... ?

_________________
Akita Linux, Puppy Linux Search Engine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Billtoo

Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 905
Location: Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Wary/Racy 5.3beta1 (5.2.2.7)
Subject description: flash drive install
  Reply with quote 

I installed the racy beta to a 4gb flash drive using the puppy
universal installer.
Wed 22 Feb 2012 Operating System: Racy Puppy-5.2.2.7 Linux 3.0.17
0.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 1082 (rev a1)
oem: NVIDIA product: GF110 Board - 12630002 Chip Rev

X Server: Xorg Driver: nvidia
X.Org version: 1.11.0
dimensions: 1920x1080 pixels (513x292 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.4
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 4.2.0 NVIDIA 295.20

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU
Core 0: 1600 1: 1600 2: 1600 3: 1600 4: 1600 5: 1600 6: 1600 7: 1600 MHz

# glxgears
140251 frames in 5.0 seconds = 28050.051 FPS
140878 frames in 5.0 seconds = 28175.426 FPS
140843 frames in 5.0 seconds = 28168.508 FPS

No problems so far.
htopscrn.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   177.12 KB
 Viewed   377 Time(s)

htopscrn.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
L18L

Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 732
Location: Burghaslach, Germany

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Racy5.2.2.7
Subject description: testing xwin international
  Reply with quote 

Thanks to rodin.s we have also xwin internationalized.

Really very important messages!

Returning from X the first character in console is displaying just as 1 question mark.
in xwin line 547 rodin.s wrote:
#unicode_start #i18n rodin.s for unicode start after exit from X. ??????what is this??????


After some trials I have found the solution:
font has to be set again Cool

Tested succesfully (just for 1 font Crying or Very sad ) by inserting
xwin line 548:
Code:
zcat /lib/consolefonts/LatGrkCyr-8x16.psfu.gz | loadfont # !!! a solution

___________________________________________________________

sc0ttman wrote:
Maybe because retrovol uses /usr/local/share .... ?

Does it Question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mave

Joined: 02 Apr 2009
Posts: 129
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject:     Reply with quote 

This Racy with internationalization changes seems to be great - thanks Barry!

Did updates from 5.2.2.6 to 5.2.2.3 on three machines. Every time german localization of desktop-icons falled back to english (menu entries okay).

Can't see why...

mave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6385
Location: Perenjori, Western Australia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Wary5.2.2.7
Subject description: testing sfsget
  Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post 

L18L wrote:
BarryK wrote:
...
Note, the desktop 'install' icon has a choice to install SFS files, and I have added 'poedit' -- ...

Sorry, there is just openoffice Cool


Fixed:
http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02715

_________________
http://www.puppylinux.com/blog/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6385
Location: Perenjori, Western Australia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Racy5.2.2.7
Subject description: testing retrovol.mo momanager
  Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post 

L18L wrote:
BarryK wrote:
... MoManager, a brand new one-stop-shop for creating a langpack PET...


Installed latest retrovol-0.12.pet from
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=50744
which has included French (thanks to Argolance Very Happy ) and German mo files.

In momanager there is no chance to edit or include it into langpack. Crying or Very sad

retrovol is a binary executable.

jwm is also a binary executable but it is handled by momanager.

_______________________-

Edited
This not meant as anything in the direction of a bug report
Just my observation.
Maybe it is a good solution to NOT offer everything for translation


No problem, retrovol is now managed by MoManager, you need to get retrovol.pot from here:
http://bkhome.org/fossil/woof2.cgi/info/03d04c2cc3

_________________
http://www.puppylinux.com/blog/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6385
Location: Perenjori, Western Australia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Racy5.2.2.7
Subject description: testing xwin international
  Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post 

L18L wrote:
Thanks to rodin.s we have also xwin internationalized.

Really very important messages!

Returning from X the first character in console is displaying just as 1 question mark.
in xwin line 547 rodin.s wrote:
#unicode_start #i18n rodin.s for unicode start after exit from X. ??????what is this??????


After some trials I have found the solution:
font has to be set again Cool

Tested succesfully (just for 1 font Crying or Very sad ) by inserting
xwin line 548:
Code:
zcat /lib/consolefonts/LatGrkCyr-8x16.psfu.gz | loadfont # !!! a solution

___________________________________________________________

sc0ttman wrote:
Maybe because retrovol uses /usr/local/share .... ?

Does it Question


However, does the font only need to be reloaded when the locale has been changed?

At first boot, locale will be en_US, then you use QuickSetup to change the locale. Then, when you exit from X, the correct font will not be loaded.

However, after having created a save-file, after reboot, the correct console font will be loaded, so at exit from X, it should not need reloading?

Based on the above reasoning, I have modified xwin.

_________________
http://www.puppylinux.com/blog/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6385
Location: Perenjori, Western Australia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Racy5.2.2.7
Subject description: testing xwin international
  Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post 

BarryK wrote:
L18L wrote:
Thanks to rodin.s we have also xwin internationalized.

Really very important messages!

Returning from X the first character in console is displaying just as 1 question mark.
in xwin line 547 rodin.s wrote:
#unicode_start #i18n rodin.s for unicode start after exit from X. ??????what is this??????


After some trials I have found the solution:
font has to be set again Cool

Tested succesfully (just for 1 font Crying or Very sad ) by inserting
xwin line 548:
Code:
zcat /lib/consolefonts/LatGrkCyr-8x16.psfu.gz | loadfont # !!! a solution

___________________________________________________________

sc0ttman wrote:
Maybe because retrovol uses /usr/local/share .... ?

Does it Question


However, does the font only need to be reloaded when the locale has been changed?

At first boot, locale will be en_US, then you use QuickSetup to change the locale. Then, when you exit from X, the correct font will not be loaded.

However, after having created a save-file, after reboot, the correct console font will be loaded, so at exit from X, it should not need reloading?

Based on the above reasoning, I have modified xwin.


I have modified quicksetup to load correct console font if locale is changed. So, xwin should not need any change.
Will upload Woof soon.

_________________
http://www.puppylinux.com/blog/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
BarryK
Puppy Master


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6385
Location: Perenjori, Western Australia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post 

mave wrote:
This Racy with internationalization changes seems to be great - thanks Barry!

Did updates from 5.2.2.6 to 5.2.2.3 on three machines. Every time german localization of desktop-icons falled back to english (menu entries okay).

Can't see why...

mave


I just did a test. Running 5.2.2.7, I changed to de_DE, then edited /etc/DISTRO_SPECS and changed the version back to 5.2.2.6, then rebooted.

After reboot, desktop icons are still 'de'.

Well, 5.2.2.6 and 5.2.2.3 are alpha releases, there must have been something odd in them that upset the version upgrade of the save-file.

Oh yes, there was, the SSS translation method changed.

Now that the SSS stuff has settled down, upgrading of save-file should be ok.

_________________
http://www.puppylinux.com/blog/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
mave

Joined: 02 Apr 2009
Posts: 129
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject:     Reply with quote 

Quote:
Now that the SSS stuff has settled down, upgrading of save-file should be ok.


Aaaah! Seems to be a "Bingo!" - thanks Barry!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
L18L

Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 732
Location: Burghaslach, Germany

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Racy5.2.2.7
Subject description: testing retrovol.mo momanager
  Reply with quote 

BarryK wrote:
...
No problem, retrovol is now managed by MoManager, you need to get retrovol.pot from here:
http://bkhome.org/fossil/woof2.cgi/info/03d04c2cc3


I have got the retrovol.pot now

translation is offered in momanager now Smile

but geany has opened an empty /tmp/retrovol.po
Quote:
# ls -l /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/retrovol.mo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6514 2012-02-22 20:48 /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/retrovol.mo
#


Or is there a momanager newer than mine? : #1202120 need ..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Billtoo

Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 905
Location: Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Yesterday, at 11:11 am    Post subject: Wary/Racy 5.3beta1 (5.2.2.7)
Subject description: vlc-2.0.0 sfs file
  Reply with quote 

I compiled and made a sfs file of vlc-2.0.0.
I tested it in the new racy-5.2.2.7 beta on a pc with a nvidia
graphics card and a netbook with ati hd4200 graphics.

The pc with the nvidia card needed at least the nouveau driver
installed, it works fine with the proprietary nvidia driver too.
The netbook with the ati hd4200 worked fine with the vesa driver or
the proprietary ati driver.

The vlc-2.0.0-i686-racy.sfs file also has the vlc_NLS-2.0.0-i686.pet
and the qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0-i686.pet included in it.

This new 2.0.0 version has support for dvb but I haven't tested that.

It should work in recent racy and wary releases.

The download link is:

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-70486827.html
scrn2.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   117.35 KB
 Viewed   79 Time(s)

scrn2.jpg

vlcscrn.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   87.28 KB
 Viewed   79 Time(s)

vlcscrn.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
scsijon

Joined: 24 May 2007
Posts: 657
Location: the australian mallee

PostPosted: Yesterday, at 11:18 am    Post subject: testing   Reply with quote 

just installed both on my 'new' box, noticed the glade (devx) icon is missing Rolling Eyes again. Both started ok without problems Laughing though, which is nice for once with me Confused . Now to play!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 3 [32 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Watch this topic for replies
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1843s ][ Queries: 20 (0.0991s) ][ GZIP on ]